Tuesday, July 29, 2008

INFORMED CONSENT FORM

INFORMED CONSENT FORM

Journalism and Governance in Second Life Research

In giving my consent I acknowledge that:

1. The procedures required for the project and the time involved have been explained to me, and any questions I have about the project have been answered to my satisfaction.

2. I have read the Participant Information Statement and have been given the opportunity to discuss the information and my involvement in the project with the researcher/s.

3. I am over 18.

4. I understand that I can withdraw from the study at any time, without affecting my relationship with the researcher(s) now or in the future.

5. By posting to the blog I consent to publishing of my comments and understand that these communications take place in the public domain.

6. I understand that I may communicate privately with the researchers via email at any stage. I understand that this communication will be strictly confidential and that in this instance no information about me will be used that in any way reveals my identity.

7. I understand that I can withdraw from the blog at any time if I do not wish to continue. I have read and agree to the conditions on my comments up to that point, as stated in the Participant Information Statement.

8. I understand that being in this study is completely voluntary – I am not under any obligation to consent.

9. I agree to abide by the standards of conduct as stated in the Participant Information Statement.

If you do not agree, you cannot participate in this study and should not post to the blog.


I agree to participate in the research study described above.

No comments: